We’re only days away from the unofficial start to summer: Victoria Day weekend. As spring subtly transforms into summer and the temperatures gradually rise, hundreds of families flock into the serene Haliburton Highlands for seemingly endless water excitement. Luckily for guests here at Sandy Lane Resort, our deluxe, cabin-style Haliburton cottages are steps away from refreshing Halls Lake, a true Canadian hidden gem. We provide guests with some of the most affordable, charming, and conveniently-located cottage rentals in Ontario to go along with complimentary access to a wide variety of watercrafts such as kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats.
Sandy Lane Resort recently purchased a 22-foot SunChaser Lounger pontoon with 250 HP Evinrude as well as a brand new 55-foot dock to park this beautiful boat! Tubing and waterskiing will be even more fun with these new additions, and we’re also planning several romantic evening cruises around the lake this summer! Start your summer with a “bang” by booking a well-deserved getaway to Sandy Lane Resort on tranquil Halls Lake, Ontario.
Top 10 Watersports at Sandy Lane Resort
There are dozens of ways to explore peaceful Halls Lake, many of which don’t even cost a nickel. And each of these ten unique watersports is a short stroll from all of our top-rated cottage rentals in Ontario!
- Kayaking – It doesn’t get much better than paddling aimlessly in a secluded, scenic lake, surrounded by lush forestry and the sounds of lapping waves and distant children’s laughter. Sandy Lane Resort has complimentary kayak rentals, but many families lug their own watercrafts up from the Greater Toronto Area.
- Tubing – Whether you’re nine or 59 years old, tubing is one of the most exhilarating lake activities imaginable, and we provide guests with free rides!
- Fishing – Halls Lake spans over 1,300 acres, reaching a maximum depth of 264 feet. You’ll have an opportunity to reel in trophy lake trout, smallmouth bass, and largemouth bass during all hours of the day. Boat rentals are available here at Sandy Lane Resort.
- Paddleboat ride – Paddleboats are perfect for couples looking for some alone time or a short, sweet voyage along Halls Lake’s sandy shores.
- Jet skiing – During summer’s peak, dozens of families can be seen blazing along our sapphire waters on colorful jet skis.
- Swimming – Halls Lake’s waves are particularly still in comparison to many other nearby bodies of water, creating a perfect family-friendly beach atmosphere.
- Waterskiing – Yes, we also offer complimentary waterskiing rides for those who wish to accept the challenge! Just meet us at the dock, which is just a short stroll from all of our lake-view cottage rentals in Ontario.
- Boating – A lot of families and groups haul their own boats up to Halls Lake so that they can spend an unlimited amount of time fishing, swimming, and relaxing under the golden Central Ontario sunlight.
- Canoeing – Canoe trips through the sapphire blue water of Halls Lake have been commonplace for over 100 years ever since settlers in the late 1800s first discovered our natural, spring-fed lake.
- SUPing – Stand-up paddleboarding, also known as “SUPing,” is no simple feat, even if you have above average balance. But calm Halls Lake is the perfect place to learn the sport!
Lakefront Cottage Rentals in Ontario
Sandy Lane Resort is one of the only Haliburton resorts to provide guests with a wide variety of complimentary watercraft access, wood-burning fireplaces, large sundecks, and satellite television. Our 16 cozy cottage rentals in Ontario can sleep up to 118 guests at once, making us one of the premier wedding destinations in the Algonquin Highlands. To learn more about our tranquil slice of Central Ontario, please visit us online, or give us a call today at 1-705-489-2020.