Sandy Lane Resort is your year-round vacation destination in Ontario’s Algonquin Highlands, fall, winter, summer, and spring. We offer deluxe luxury cabin accommodations suited for every family and feature a beautiful view of Halls Lake. The crystal clear shores of the lake welcome you in, whether it’s for a quick dip or another recreational activity. You will be right home at our family-friendly resort, which is conveniently located 40 minutes south of Algonquin Park. The resort is full of many excellent amenities, from a playground to water sports on the lake. We welcome you to enjoy your next vacation at Sandy Lane Resort.
As the weather starts to cool down and your family gets a break from work and school, head to the gem of Halls Lake, Sandy Lane Resort, and embark on a getaway full of exciting winter activities. You and yours will find that there is a little something for everyone at Sandy
lane Resort. Check out this helpful guide to Sandy Lane Resort’s winter activities and amenities:
Sandy Lane Resort: Ontario’s Winter Wonderland
The surrounding forests and lake waters look so stunning as their snow-covered surfaces glisten in the soft light of the winter sun. Sandy Lane’s grounds turn into a natural winter wonderland that you have to experience for yourself! We receive tons of snow every year, making it a great place to enjoy your thaw-some winter vacation. Check out our winter activities below:
- Toboggan Hill: we have a beautiful little hill that gets covered in snow each winter, making for a slippery slope for folks of all ages—plastic toboggans and snow tubes are included in your cottage reservation
- Cross Country Skiing: you can ski right from the front entry of your cottage or attempt some lake skiing on Halls Lake—check out The Haliburton Highlands Nordic Trails Association’s site for more off-site ski trails
- Hot Tub in the Snow: after a nice time in the snow, take a dip in your private hot tub, if you’re staying in Cathedral Style Cottages #6, 7, 8 and 10
- Cozy Up by the Fireplace: every cottage has a fireplace, so make yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate in your furnished cottage kitchen and cozy up with your significant other—we provide firewood for no charge
- Outdoor Skating Rink: you can rent a variety of skates, hockey sticks, and pucks from the resort in preparation for your family’s hockey tournament; you can also just skate around leisurely
Have an Un-brr-lievable Time at Sandy Lane Resort
Our cottages will be your home away from home during your winter vacation. Equipped with nearly all the amenities of home, like satellite TVs and fireplaces, your cottage will feel extremely comfortable and well-organized. We know you are excited to visit and participate in all our winter activities, so book your stay with us online today!